A Chicago Photo

A Chicago Photo

Monday, December 8, 2008

A few pictures











Since the written post was so long, I thought I would do a separate one of a few pictures...
The first is of the Aerial Lift bridge in Canal Park (the bridge "slides" up instead of opening like a draw bridge). The bridge is at the end of the ship canal and it leads into the harbor. During the summer when there is a lot of freight traffic, people get stuck for 20 mins plus as a huge barge passes under. My friend Rachel's boyfriend lives on the opposite side of the bridge as Canal Park, and she says it can be a pain to go into Duluth.

The second two pictures are from Enger Park looking out over the harbor and the hillside of Duluth.
The fourth picture is possibly the most gaudy house in Duluth, which I drive past on Tuesdays and Thursdays when I go into the schools. Because of my weekend adventure in Duluth, I saw it lit up in all its glory. For those who are interested, I also took a picture of it with the night setting, so the lights are brighter and all blurred together.
Apparently the pictures loaded in the opposite direction--sorry. The pictures are small, but if you click on them you can view a larger version.

No comments: