A Chicago Photo

A Chicago Photo

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Another Wednesday







Today was a pretty good day... I did my first BOT-2 test (evaluation of motor skills for kids), and it went pretty well. The PT I was with was really helpful in providing tips as to how to better administer the test and note how kids "cheat" to perform the task better. She also showed me some good ways to get kids to perform skills that use similar muscle groups but may not be as challenging as the test. The alternatives are good to document what the kids can actually do to pinpoint which area is the hardest for them. The kids I worked with today were good at cooperating and staying on task (even with the lunch time traffic in the school). Tomorrow may be a bit of a different story: the evals are on 2 boys with a history of running/darting through any doorway they see. The teachers at the schools advised us to have as many people on hand as possible to guard the doors... luckily we will have me, a PT, and a PTA. One of the boys was even seen throwing the cards he was supposed to shuffle in a manual dexterity task for the OT.
On Tuesday I went running down along the Lakewalk in Duluth again. This time I had no creepy runners with me. I took a couple of pictures from Lakewalk East where I started running toward Canal Park. I think they are a bit blurry, but in one of them you can see the bridge over to the Wisconsin side of the lake. The taller bridge is the aerial lift bridge, which is kind of the symbol of Duluth (as far as I can gather). It appears in a lot of postcards and brochures. I think it's supposed to be snowy/rainy tomorrow, but if the weather cooperates, I might try and do one last run down by Lake Superior.
I just looked at the pictures, and I think they are too small to really get the details--but it looked cool in real life.

No comments: