A Chicago Photo

A Chicago Photo

Monday, November 24, 2008

pre-Thanksgiving

So I cannot believe that Thanksgiving is nearly here! My time in Two Harbors is going by so quickly... I am looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving as there is always a lot for which to be thankful. The pumpkin or pecan pie doesn't hurt either. :)

This week in my PT life won't be too much out of the ordinary. Today I helped out with a pool treatment for a little guy. He did well with the swimming and kickboard activities initially, but then had some behavior issues. He likes to sit in the sauna (not on) when he becomes overstimulated, but it was not available today. We thought he was tired and then too focused on the sauna, so he ended a little early today.

I am able to take over more of a patient load in the clinic, so that is exciting. I am still a little limited by Medicare guidelines, but we are finding patients that I can treat. The best part of it all (in my mind anyway) is that one of my patients is post-op a total knee replacement--and she has sutures that need to be removed! So on Wednesday I get to remove sutures in the clinic along with my CI. Tomorrow should be a "normal" day in the schools, and I am hoping that the kids aren't too ramped up for Thanksgiving break. I spent less time with the kids last week because of the various evals and meetings, so I am looking forward to participating more in the treatment. One of the kids has made some good progress in following directions and trying new gross motor skills, so that's been exciting.

This is a bit early, but Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: