A Chicago Photo

A Chicago Photo

Sunday, October 26, 2008

The pictures

I realized that I did not put any captions with the pictures...
The first one is of the lighthouse on the point between the two harbors of Two Harbors. The next two are of the northern harbor (Burlington Bay I think), and the last picture is looking over Agate Bay, the southern harbor. I learned that Agate Bay is actually deeper than the harbor in Duluth. Ships that load in Duluth often complete the filling of their holds in Two Harbors where there is less risk of scraping bottom. There's a little museum/historical society down by the docks, so maybe I can learn more about the whole process some day. When Ross and Adam and I were down by the docks last weekend when I moved up here, we saw the Arthur M. Anderson pull out into Lake Superior. That ship is famous because it communicated with the Edmund Fitzgerald, a ship that sank in Lake Superior years ago--but no one knows why. Adam told me about the two main theories involving water getting into the cargo holds, but I can't remember the details. Ross maintains it sank due to aliens and can even sing a song about the sinking of the ship. No bodies have been recovered from the sinking because the lake is so cold that bodies sink; Lake Superior does not give up her dead.
And on that note, it is time for me to do some review for tomorrow.

1 comment:

The ROSS said...

Hi Lisa,
I jsut read your blg-Ross said you updated last night. Hope you ahve a great day and had your review done.
What is the weather like there, sunny and cold down here!
Lvoe Mrs V