A Chicago Photo

A Chicago Photo

Monday, October 20, 2008

Why not....

I recently acquired an ipod (from Ross) so now that I have finally joined that crowd, I figured I should also start blogging.

I am currently living in Two Harbors, MN, while on a clinical at Bodies in Balance. It's an outpatient clinic that also contracts with charter schools in Duluth, so I should have a nice variety in the patients that I see. The therapists do a lot of manual work and the clinic also has a gym. The clinic is private, so they have designated one hour for treatment time--which is not common in the outpatient ortho world.

Today I met a guy that I swear is right out of Garrison Keillor's "Lake Wobegon." I think HIPAA does not want me to give you his name, but he is an older, hilarious Norweigian man with a brogue. I also sat in on a meeting with a chiropractor--which is interesting because PTs and chiropractors are kind of taught to mistrust one another. The PTs and the chiropractor are trying to establish a good working relationship to encourage referrals and address the needs of patients that could benefit from both services.

And now because I can't really seem to get motivated to do anything before 11pm when I want to be in bed, I should really go to bed. Tomorrow it is off to the schools, and then maybe a run near Lake Superior in the evening...

No comments: